The Awakening Cafe (Hudson, Quebec) is a monthly gathering of like-minded souls on the awakening journey to connect, express and expand. Our mission is to create an unforgettable experience full of love, wisdom, creative expression and joy and to unite and inspire a community toward positive transformation and purpose.
“The advantage of experience with mature, genuine spiritual groups or companions is the value of examples, insights and information that is shared, and the inspiration that occurs by cross-fertilization.” David Hawkins
Theme: Stepping into Your Authentic Power & Potential.
Topics to be discussed include:
- DESIRE, CHOICE: the main fuel that ignites the transformative fires.
- COURAGE, VULNERABILITY: allows us to open our hearts and step beyond our comfort zones.
- BELIEF, FAITH: limiting beliefs block us from evolving, yet a strong belief can help us manifest our desires
- AWARENESS, PRESENCE: being aware of our thoughts and emotions help us to illuminate that which we want to change.
- INTUITION, GUIDANCE: tapping into our intuition helps us to access higher knowledge and guidance.
- RELEASE, ACCEPTANCE: when we release expectations and accept what is, we allow the divine power of potentiality to work through us.
- PURPOSE, VISION: Clarity of purpose is key to achieving our desired goals.
- COMMUNITY, TRIBE: both service to and support from are key ingredients in the transformational process.
- LEANING IN TO CHANGE: small advances forward can help break the blocks of perfectionism, fear of failure & confusion.
We are inviting facilitation proposals from qualified experts in the above mentioned topic areas. The sessions are held on the third Thursday of each month from September to June, except in December. Each session runs from 30 to 60 minute and is part of an overall evening event (from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.). On average 20 to 30 people are in attendance.
By presenting at the Awakening Cafe, you have an opportunity to share your gifts, connect with a highly motivated and targeted audience. In addition, you (your session) will be promoted across the Designing Transformation online community, and included in the printed program for the year.
Your presentation should offer experiential learning, provide inspirational content and/or real life applications of your work, and ideas and solutions for the participants. It should also tie closely to one of the topic areas above. If you can connect to more than one topic area, please indicate this on your proposal. This will help us in the event that more than one applicant would like to tie into the same topic area.
Assess your fit for the Awakening Cafe
- Do you have experience facilitating medium sized groups?
- Is your content fresh and highly relevant to our audience?
- Are your sessions interactive? Would your audience describe you as a dynamic presenter?
Your short proposal must include the following:
1.0 Presentation Title
Maximum 50 characters, including spaces. If you are selected, this will be used to promote your session. The title is often the only thing participants use to decide on attending your session. It must immediately communicate the session content.
2.0 Presentation Description
One to two (maximum) paragraphs description of what you will be presenting. If selected, this will appear in the preliminary program, on-site program, emails and on the website. Please make sure the presentation talks to potential event attendees, clearly highlighting the benefits of attending your session.
Here are some samples of last year’s presentations: 2013/2014 Presenters
3.0 Business Description
One paragraph (maximum) that summarizes your business or service with links to your website and social media sites. If selected, this will appear in the preliminary program, on-site program, emails and on the website.
- All proposals must be submitted by August 15th, 2014 to: [email protected].
- Please indicate if any renumeration is required and the amount.
- Please indicate if there are any dates that you can not present from the following 3rd Thursdays of the month: September 25 (4th Thursday), October 16, November 20, January 15, February 19, March 19, April 23 (4th Thursday), May 21, and June 18.
- All proposals will be reviewed based on alignment with themes, originality, overlap with other session and balance of overall Awakening Cafe events.
- Selection of presenters will be made and communicated by August 30, 2014.
Thank you for your interest in the Awakening Cafe!